Over the edge..

16. Killer View!
There is a difference between doing what you love, and loving what you do. The former is an active stance while the latter is passive. One is a goal , an energy that fuels your search for being a part of something you can feel passionate about, while the other is a result, it is acquired over time and experience and is usually a sense of respect called as love for what one does… or at least this was what Kirtana was telling Manu over lunch. They were going through large amounts of food that was being piled up on their plates, and going through it rather hungrily, nothing like spicy set meals and good conversation, they could almost hear the cheesy jingle music in the background. The sun was out and the roads were drying up and among other odd things happening that day, Manu and Kit were finally getting along. Manu sans Monkey was making a great impression on Kirtana, and she found herself interested to know him better. And the best part was that they were not getting to know one another with a single ulterior motive. Neither one was attracted to the other in that conventional boy-meets-girl-goes-gaga way! It was innocent and yet stimulating, and for the first time in months Kirtana did not think about Anish. Ah! What a relief, what a breath of fresh air, like a vacation from that side of her brain. She was soaking it up.


Manu and her spent close to six hours together that day. They talked about a lot of things, and it was clear this was the beginning of a sound friendship. Manu finally broached the subject, that had got them together in the first place. “You know Kirtana, I had a dream last night… and it seems like a sign… I think I know what my next play is going to be about!”…”But I still wish you would dance in it? I know you have the classical training, and you know how none of my actors are ever your typical full time actors. They are all regular people.. who have their regular 9 to 5 stuff.. I want you to consider! Please! I was also thinking how I could get your advice and help, if you wouldn’t mind, on the set design. Seeing you onsite today, and looking at your home, you really know your stuff…you have great taste…or rather our tastes match!”…”don’t say anything now…think about it, I’ll give you another two days…and let’s see where we can go from there!”

“okay.. okay Manu.. I will think about, and nice one throwing in that little compliment! I’m onto you..” she winked..”but yeaah… I never considered set design… you might have a point there Manu..I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I am so happy we met!”she laughed!…they were getting home together. Considering how close they  lived to one another…”so I was thinking…on another subject, about throwing a small party for Maliha. Her birthday.. and yours… is just a few days away, and I think it would be a great chance to introduce her to some people and you know find out who she’s been hanging out with as well…I’m thinking we invite… everyone we each know, and ask them to get a plus one…not like a date or anything, just another person..and build a crowd. I feel Mali might be really into something like that!”....WAIT…hold on…she had just said ‘we’… it had been a day and she was pluralizing with him, Manu smiled as he thought this…”Great! I’m in! I think a good theme for this party would really help…what do you say, too corny? Or do we have something?”

“Corny, but it will work. Maliha is one of those ‘no boundaries’  kind of people, she makes no judgment and sees only the best parts of everything… so yeah.. a theme just reeks of Mali! But nothing ridiculous… I’m not going to go totally crazy either..but I will leave the theme up to you both, considering its your birthdays’ and all…

She pulled up at Magnolia, and they parted ways, after a quick hug and promise to catch up on the party planning later.. Kirtana was happy today. She was smiling and had a bounce in her step and everything, she was feeling quite content with her new friendship. The week had gotten off to a good start…she had almost put the slightly embarrassing incidents form last week behind her.. Almost..

She reached the floor to her apartment.. and could see the door to her house was open… Raghav sat on a sofa, looking a little pale and alarmed, and Kit’s neighbours were making hurried phone calls..what had happened?? Kirtana felt this panic rise inside her, and ran to Raghav..”what happened? Where’s Maliha? What is going on???” she said..” Mali’s had an accident…” he said, speaking robotically. The neighbor piped in“ She’s alive, but she’s not yet out of the woods, she might have some broken bones , hopefully no serious head injuries..She’s in the hospital now!”…Raghav looked towards Kirtana, and struggled with his next words…”I..I think I pushed her over the ledge of the balcony…!”

This would be the second time that day where she would have to say and hope that the doctor tending to Maliha, was doing what he loved…and would save her friend from any serious harm, for if he was doing what he loved, he would do it right.

Kirtana looked at Raghav, dazed and scared…wondering what kind of person she had let into her home and her life…!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

How this story works..part two

So in a lot of stories there always is a gradual build up from introducing the main characters, establishing the relationships and elaborating on the plot, before it reaches the crux of the story and then finishes. I intend to keep that formula, but add my own flavour to this.. so read, and yes there will be more character introduction chapters, I'll get deeper into the story soon :)
Apart from this, I have decided to keep the names of cities a mystery. I will probably never mention the name of a city specifically, because when you do that, you have to be factually correct, and that might take away from the story on a blog :) so the only things I will ever write about specifically are my characters and what happens to them. The 'where' part will be appropriately described :) and will leave you guessing ;)

Behind this title...

So if you are reading this (thank you!) you are probably wondering what this blog title is about. Why a seemingly normal girl (if you know me or have read my profile) would choose to title her blog so. Well, I can explain it this way. As I see it pretty much everything and everyone around me , and for that matter you, is driven by one of these two sentiments. So no matter what I will ever talk about, it will always come down to something that was done to go after happiness or satisfaction or just not! It is my idea of simplifying the way I think of thoughts (yes think of thoughts), actions, intentions behind anything. And I am one for 'word plays'. So yes I like that my blog can sound like something (a book) we are already familiar with :)

So in this blog I will share with you a story I am writing.. its a story where the characters , events and situations are all derived from my own life. Enjoy :) and I would like your help and suggestions in building this story.. :)

Understand that this story is not true, its just an escape.. and completely a figment of my imagination :)

StatCounter


here is where I create, create a story of people and their lives and experiences, and the chapters are coming along piece by piece... :) and I am using people from my own life as my inspiration, and putting facets of different personalities to create characters I can love and relate to and hope that you will too :) I love that I can make up anything I want, and make any thing a reality in this story and I hope to actually write some books some day.. so enjoy!

About Me

My photo
a story teller (where this really applies) and lover of stories :) and some things in between too! will keep them coming!
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Checker

Followers


Recent Comments